- Adoption Guide
- Available Pets
- Pet Adoption Specials
- Pet Loss
- Looking for a lost pet?
- Low Cost Spay & Neuter
- Microchip Clinics
- Our Vet Partners
- Surrendering Your Pet
- Barn Cat Program
- Community Resources
- Feral Colonies / Community Cats
- Jimmy's Fund
- rescue & enforcement
- Shelter Tours
- About Us
Note: Online licensing only available for Bremerton, Port Orchard, and Bainbridge Island pet owners.
Notice Regarding Kitsap County Licenses
Please Note: Licenses are purchased according to the address where the pet lives. PO boxes are not accepted. Physical addresses are required. In order to receive a discounted fee, proof of spay/neuter is required.
Kitsap County Licenses
Pet licensing services for unincorporated Kitsap County have been transferred from Kitsap Humane Society to Kitsap County. To obtain or renew a license for your pet in unincorporated Kitsap County, please visit the Kitsap County Pet Licensing website here.
Surrounding City & County Licensing Fees
- City of Bremerton: Licenses may be purchased, renewed or replaced online through Pawzii.
If you prefer to mail in your license registration, renewal, or replacement, please complete the following Bremerton License Application and mail or drop off with payment to Kitsap Humane Society at 9167 NW Dickey Rd., Silverdale, WA 98383.
Bremerton Municipal Code 7.08.010 (a) requires that all dogs and cats be licensed annually within 30 calendar days from the date the owner acquires or takes up residence in the City of Bremerton. If you are unsure if your place of residence falls in Kitsap County or within the City of Bremerton limits, consult the Kitsap County Parcel Search.
|Senior Citizen Permanent License||Dog||Cat|
|(altered pets only)||$12.50||
- City of Bremerton Chicken Licenses: The City of Bremerton has contracted the Kitsap Humane Society to process chicken licenses. Please complete the Chicken Permit Application listed below and submit payment to Kitsap Humane Society via in person or mail.
Chicken License Fees: $12.50 for up to 4 chickens annually
$12.50 for up to 4 chickens Sr. Permanent License
Information pertaining to keeping chicken hens within the City of Bremerton can be located in the Bremerton Municipal Code, Chapter 7.06 at http://www.codepublishing.com/wa/Bremerton.html.
- City of Port Orchard: Licenses may be purchased, renewed or replaced online through Pawzii. Port Orchard requires that all animals over 6 months of age be licensed within 6 months of moving into the city. Licenses are permanent.
If requested, you must submit proof of spaying or neutering (with a veterinarian’s signature) with your application.
Port Orchard City Hall
216 Prospect Street
Port Orchard, WA 98366
- City of Bainbridge Island: Licenses may be purchased, renewed or replaced online through Pawzii or can be purchased in person at Kitsap Humane Society or at:
Bainbridge Island Police Department
625 Winslow Way East
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
|Dog||$6.00 (permanent)||$25.00 (must be renewed annually)|
- City of Poulsbo: All dogs and cats over the age of six months residing within the city limits of Poulsbo are required to be licensed. Animal licenses are valid from the time they are issued through the following June. Renewals are due by the end of June.
City and State Ordinances
Below are links to important information on ordinances