- Adoption Guide
- Available Pets
- Pet Adoption Specials
- Pet Loss
- Looking for a lost pet?
- Low Cost Spay & Neuter
- Microchip Clinics
- Our Vet Partners
- Surrendering Your Pet
- Barn Cat Program
- Community Resources
- Feral Colonies / Community Cats
- Jimmy's Fund
- rescue & enforcement
- Shelter Tours
- About Us
Kitsap Humane Society always accepts employment applications. Kitsap Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
Marketing & Communications Director
Kitsap Humane Society
KHS seeks to hire a 0.75 FTE Marketing/Communications Director to take the lead on hands-on creation and execution of all elements of a marketing and communication strategy which will advance public awareness of KHS’ mission at the local and regional level, drive revenue growth of shelter programs, and elevate KHS fundraising programs. Ideal candidate will have a sincere commitment to working collaboratively with a range of constituent groups, including staff, trustees, volunteers and program partners. Candidate will also demonstrate a strong passion for animals and KHS’ animal welfare mission. This position reports to the Executive Director, with additional accountability to KHS shelter and fundraising leadership.
- Develop and implement the overall Marketing strategy and plans for KHS
- Develop and produce collateral materials to support KHS fundraising programs.
- Develop and produce promotional and collateral materials to support KHS shelter programs
- Oversee marketing to help grow KHS’ pet licensing program
- Serve on the Development Committee of KHS’ Board
- Serve as an ambassador for KHS.
- Oversee coordination of KHS monthly communication calendar.
- Manage/ Direct/ Coordinate all social media initiatives:
- Provide oversight of website:
- Serve as strategic lead for KHS’ electronic newsletter, Shelter Tails.
- Serve as a primary media contact person for KHS
- Provide supervision, strategic direction and support to KHS’ Events Manager and Marketing Associate
- Develop and implement plans for marketing and promotion of all KHS events
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing, nonprofit administration or related field.
- Five or more years experience in marketing
- Strategic thinker
- Team player, strong collaboration, communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent desk-top publishing/design skills
- Able to respond in immediacy of situation – ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- 30 hours/week – should be on site 5 or 4 days per week
- Three weeks paid vacation, holidays off
- Health benefits available
- Salary negotiable
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Cover letter needs to speak clearly and thoroughly about how the candidate’s background and experience qualifies him or her for this position. Deadline date of application must be submitted no later than Wednesday, November 26, 2014.
Kitsap Humane Society
KHS is seeking an Events Coordinator to take the leadership role in hands-on planning, managing, and successful execution of Kitsap Humane Society’s special events. This role works to support a broad range of organizational goals by aligning event strategy with organizational strategy, advancing public awareness of our organizations mission and helping drive revenue growth. Ideal candidate will have a sincere commitment to working collaboratively with a range of constituent groups, including staff, trustees, volunteers and program partners. Candidate will also demonstrate a strong passion for animals and our animal welfare mission. This position reports to the Marketing & Communications Director; with dotted line accountability to the Director of Donors Relations
In partnership with event chairs and committees, provide the overall event strategy, event planning and implementation of KHS’s major philanthropic events, major adoption events, other organizational events
Act as lead staff member for all event committees. Actively support, empower and partner with the Event Committee Chairs in formulating overall event strategy, determining strategies for boosting event revenue, and ensuring follow-up with stakeholders and volunteers.
Ensure marketing, sponsorships, guest experience, and event content are in place and on track to meet committee’s goals and objectives.
Is accountable for meeting budget goals for fundraising events.
Help to procure sponsorships, auction gifts and procure vendors as needed
Maintain logistical accountability for events and ensure all aspects, including event vision and story, venue logistics, catering, vendor services, audio/video/lighting, décor, and collateral are delivered on time/budget
Complete post-event tasks and evaluation including reconciliation of budget
Work with the established procedures, tools and systems
Work to define, manage and fill volunteer staffing roles for each event
Work with Gift/Data Processing Coordinator to ensure accurate financial coding and gift acknowledgement
3-5 years minimum demonstrated success in non-profit or corporate event management capacity.
Particular experience with dinner-auction and run-walk special events desired.
Develop detailed event budgets and monitor and report on event results in a timely fashion.
Oversee database management and reporting on event attendance, procurement and sponsorships.
Excellent organizational skills
Excellent collaboration skills / Team Player
Able to respond in immediacy of situation – ‘can do’ attitude
Strong communications and interpersonal skills
This position requires some flexible scheduling
20 hours per week for much of the year
Will require 30+ hours per week immediately prior to and after major fundraising events
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com Cover letter needs to speak clearly and thoroughly about how the candidate’s background and experience qualifies him or her for this position.
Kitsap Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
Are you an Olympic College student who would like to gain job experience at KHS? Click here to find out more about internship opportunities for OC students.