- Adoption Guide
- Available Pets
- Pet Adoption Specials
- Pet Loss
- Looking for a lost pet?
- Low Cost Spay & Neuter
- Microchip Clinics
- Vet Services/Info
- Surrendering Your Pet
- Barn Cat Program
- Community Cats
- Jimmy's Fund
- rescue & enforcement
- Shelter Tours
- About Us
Kitsap Humane Society (KHS) is happy to offer opportunities for community service work under the following conditions:
- No felony, theft or assault convictions/pending charges
- Individuals must be at least 16 years old
- Individuals must abide by all KHS policies and local, state and federal laws while on KHS property
- Individuals must consent to search of their person, belongings and vehicle while on KHS property
Community service participants provide valuable support to KHS staff and volunteers by assisting with the following tasks: laundry, dishes, cleaning crates and kennels, walking trail maintenance, sorting donations, preparing surgical drapes, cleaning kennel card sleeves, and other miscellaneous tasks. Due to the training required for staff and volunteers to socialize and train animals, community service participants are not eligible for walking dogs, petting cats, or socializing animals during their service hours.
To begin community service hours with Kitsap Humane Society, contact Steve Dilling at 360-692-6977, ext. 1219. Participants must pass a background check prior to beginning service. To coordinate community service hours you may also stop by the shelter office annex (south of the main building) Monday through Friday, 9-11 a.m.
Please read through the Community Service form you will be asked to sign prior to arriving at the shelter.
- Community Service Agreement
- Community Service Policies and Procedures
- Community Service Overview and Tetanus Waiver